Part 3 of “The Search” by Sage Lock
Save family members
I stood in stunned silence, only able to helplessly watch as the mutated wolf bird things beat and kicked my family. I would have to get them out of there, but how? The room was circular, and guarded by more mutated animals. I would have to devise a plan of escape. I searched the room for something that would give me an idea of an escape plan. Other than lots of meat, I saw noth-. Wait! If I could get my hands on a lot of meat, I could place the meat outside the den and go in grab my family, and get out. By placing meat in piles in a bunch of different places, I could also give myself more time to get my family.
Later that night, when all the wolf clan’s people had fallen asleep I crept in, and grabbed 10 pieces of meat, then snuck back out. I placed 3 pieces of meat in 3 piles scattered far away but close enough for them to smell. I decided to keep one piece, intending to keep it as a food supply tomorrow. There was nothing to do until morning, so I rested…with one eye all night open of course.
That morning, I greeted the daylight with a yawn and stretch, but soon remembered the dreams I had encountered last night. One about Karen, who had told me that I had never even cared about her, and how I only cared about myself. Shaking these dreams away, I thought to myself, will I really be able to find and save her from whatever had taken her?
At around noon, the wolf camp awoke with growls, and the rubbing of eyes. But soon, all of them had noticed that their meat was gone, and began searching for it. When they had all gone, I rushed to where I had last seen my family, ready to give shouts of joy, when I realized…they weren’t there, they were gone…
(end of part 3)
when r u gonna post again?
ReplyDeleteI have a new plan on posting. I have decided to post only every other day (to compensate with school schedule's homework, trust me, it's crazy every other day) and on weekends. Sorry to all my viewers that I will not be posting every day. Thanks for going along with the idea. C ya with Seth on my next post!
ReplyDeleteSage lock, this story grows more intriguing with each episode.
ReplyDeleteI am awaiting, with baited breath, the next posting.
ReplyDelete