Hello! My name is Sage Lock, and I am posting parts of a book that I am working on. Eventually, when it is finished, I plan on sending it to a publisher....sooooo, I hope you guys enjoy the story! By the way, these parts are going to be pretty small, but hopefully I will be publishing 1 part a day and feel free to post comments (clean comments only please) and here goes part 1!
Karen and I dragged our bodies out of the ocean dripping and spluttering water as we came. After gulping the salty air around us, I surveyed the island, looking to see if anybody else had survived the wreck. Around me, I saw bushes, sand, trees, more sand......but I could see no other survivers.
"I'm so sorry Seth, but your family...didn't make it", said my girlfriend Karen as I continued to survey the area, not accepting the fact that my family was gone. No...they weren't gone, they couldn't be!
I slammed my fist into the sand and screamed "Nooooooo! This can't be happening! It just can't!" Tears threatened to claim the space on my face, when I looked up at Karen and could see the sorry look in her eyes.
"I'm so sorr-."
"No Karen, I'm fine", even though I clearly wasn't. I had decided that whatever happened, I swore to myself that I would keep Karen safe from whatever lied in front of us whether it be beast, man, or...something else. I told Karen that I would get two spots ready for bed while she searched for firewood and two firemaking rocks.
I started leveling out two areas in the sand for Karen and I to sleep in when Karen yelled to me, "Hey Seth come over here, I think I found something!" I got up from the two sleeping spots, and jogged over to the area where Karen was. She was pointing at a greenish glowing rock that had settled in a spot in the sand.
When she started moving her hand towards the rock, I said, "Karen don't touch it!" But it was too late, her fingers had brushed the surface of it and she looked towards me like she was about to say something. However all of a sudden, a greenish veil surrounded her and had started lifting her into the sky. I jumped, and tryed to grasp her hand...missed. Again and again I called her name as she screamed from inside the light, when all of a sudden the merciless green veil of light brightened, and...disappeared with Karen. The last thing of Karen I remember was when the light disappeared taking the frightened looking Karen away from my life forever. I now know one thing, and that is that I was alone. But I also know another thing, and that is that I will stop at nothing to find Karen.
Wow! Good start. Where the heck did Karen go?
ReplyDeleteYou want to be a lawyer? You should be an author!!! This could easily become the next great story to hit America!!!!
ReplyDeleteLuv it so far! Go Christian!
ReplyDeleteExcellent! I love the momentum of the plot and the suspense... looking forward to what happens next.
ReplyDeletePart 2 is out guys!
ReplyDeletedang you got skills!!!!!! Cant wait till its finished!
ReplyDeleteWriting Part 3 as I speak, should be out in 3-4 hrs
ReplyDeleteheres the link to part 2
ReplyDeletehttp://thesearchbysagelock.blogspot.com/2010/08/part-2-of-search.html
Part 3 is out guys!!!!
ReplyDeletejust read part 2 & 3! YES!
ReplyDeleteI have a new plan on posting. I have decided to post only every other day (to compensate with school schedule's homework, trust me, it's crazy every other day) and on weekends. Sorry to all my viewers that I will not be posting every day. Thanks for going along with the idea. C ya with Seth on my next post!
ReplyDelete